Blog Post # 10 / Tinkercad Assignment # 4

 The program Tinkercad was extremely easy to use and I could have figured out the tools without the training. Nevertheless, I really still enjoyed the training and Jared's presentation as he sparked my interest and excitement for 3D printing. I could make accessories for myself, for my phone, and decorations for my room! I was thinking of making a 3d print of a small plant because I keep killing my real plants. At first, I made a simple but cute keychain that I still really like. The design is inspired by the board game
/company called "we aren't really strangers."


Valentino and We're Not Really Strangers Launch Joint Card Game | Teen Vogue

 They have a simple yet elegant design which, in my opinion, fits their company purpose. But then I discovered that there is a tool where you can draw your own shapes. So, I just wrote my name using my trackpad on my MacBook. I was thinking that I could connect the letters and that just would be it for my keychain. However, I have the letter "i''s in my name so it wouldn't work unless I use all caps which I didn't want to do. So, I made a sticker effect where there is a border but made it look like a splash of paint. I still wanted my keychain whole to be a heart so I punched the side with the heart symbol. Now, finally, my keychain is complete! I am quite pumped to get my keychain in the mail because I feel really proud of it. It is simple but still represents the design elements that I find appealing. 


here is the link to my tinkercad :D :

Comments

Popular Posts