Blog post #4

     I think Gimp is a perfect start-up for people who are starting to explore photoshop. I really appreciate free software like Gimp because it is accessible to every single person which gives everyone an opportunity to try out photoshopping.  I found the training program really easy to follow. The pacing was slow and steady and there were really good visuals to help visual learners like me! I think I would feel competent to use the program on my own because I understand the technology and computer stuff really well and easily. I am really interested in web designing and making art! I have taken computer science for grade 11 and grade 12 and I did quite well and I had lots of fun! Therefore, I think I would be able to pick up easily Gimp and even Photoshop if I were to try it in the future.

    The big difference between Gimp and photoshop is that like I have stated before, Gimp is free and accessible for everyone! But for photoshop you would have to pay to have access to the program. I noted that Gimp and Photoshop both have great tools and software, but Photoshop on the other hand has its plugins designed by more renowned and bigger companies. Further, Photoshop is accessible on your phone and even your tablet, but Gimp is not available on the tablet nor on your phone. In that topic, Photoshop has a lot more extensive and advanced tools for professional use rather than Gimp that is missing in quite a few tools that make it more of casual use. Gimp is created for introducing students at the start to the world of web design and photo editing. It's perfect for opening new doors for new skills, hobbies, and even careers since it's free and eventually in the future if an individual gets better they can move up to Photoshop.

    I would definitely use Gimp in my classroom if I were to teach photoshop or media in my french class. I plan to teach french in different ways not just reading french stories and making french presentations, so I think this would be a great assignment where I give a photo manipulating prompt and they would have to show and explain the reason their images and what they did and what they would do differently. This would be an awesome and different way to practice oral french and also perhaps spark a new interest for my future student. I would even use it on my own if I were to have to do simply photo /image manipulating for my class, but I really love to draw my images using my iPad and apple pen! Otherwise, I think Gimp looks really welcoming and I am glad that I have been introduced to it since I wouldn't of thought about buying Photoshop when I never tried or thought about photo manipulating before.

Comments

  1. Hey Renilin! I think it's really cool that you're wanting to incorporate your French curriculum with GIMP, I have personally never heard of anyone doing something like that! It would be awesome if you also used GIMP for these lessons with your art skillz~
    Awesome post! ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts